Note: At the moment, we are not actively hiring. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can reach out to you once we’re expanding our team.
What Immer does
Immer is an early-stage tech startup working on the future of screen-reading. We developed a new and more engaging way of reading books on the phone that’s award winning and proven by science.
Immer offers a positive way to spend time on the phone that’s entertaining, enriching and meditative, helping people create nourishing reading moments during their day. Wondering what our future plans are? Check out this investor video that we recently created.
Who we are
There are two passions that unite the Immer team: a love for books, and a passion for technology. And while we love our digital devices, we acknowledge that we are often using them mindlessly. Instead of learning and immersing, we’re swiping and liking. We want to change that! The Immer team is driven by a meaningful purpose and we’re ambitiously working on the global reading revolution – pioneering is in our nature.
Doing this, we are drawing on the knowledge of our various partners in publishing, science, technology, investment, and beyond. With a people-first culture and a flexible working arrangement, we care about creating an enjoyable and enriching journey for each team member.
MEET YOUR TEAM
What you’ll do
- You’ll build features and help constructing scalable architecture for all the parts that make up Immer; the iOS/Android React Native app, which includes modules for book discovery, immersed reading, reading habit tracking tools and social reading.
- You’ll work on the e-book parsing and managing system, the analytics tools, author/publisher dashboards, web version et cetera.
- You’ll help product managers and designers conceptualize solutions, validate the hypothesis and run experiments.
- You’ll have an opportunity to directly impact how our product looks and feels.
- You’ll learn a lot: research technological trends and new solutions, share your expertise and learn from and with us and our advisers and scientists.
What we expect
- Full-time availability (35-40 hours per week)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with mobile / React (Native)
- Not a hard requirement, but beneficial: experience with Firebase and BigQuery
- Inquisitive, self-taught nature and learning mindset
- Self-directed and assertive
- Located in The Netherlands
What we offer
Impact and culture
- Make an impact: You’ll play an important role in reimagining books as a new digital medium for the 21st century
- A seat at the table: you’ll help shape the product and company at an early stage
- Flexibility: work from home or from our Utrecht-based office, and decide your own working hours (at least once a week, we’d like you to join us in the office)
- Friendly and enthusiastic team: trust and employee wellbeing is our priority
- Workation: if you enjoy a change of location as much as we do, at Immer you have the flexibility to work from abroad for one month a year (whether it’s visiting your family, exploring your favorite city, or enjoying some silence in nature)
- Salary: market-conform and depending on your level of experience
- Stock options: if we make it big, you’ll own a slice of Immer
- Travel allowance: we’ve got you covered for the days you decide to commute
- Tech equipment: your (home) office will be supplied with everything you need to excel in your work
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com. Don’t forget to put your favorite book in the subject line! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.