We are looking for the project-oriented glue between Lennart (our nimble-fingered prototype wizard) and Spencer (our steady systems architect). Do you fit into our innovative tech team and would you enjoy conquering the world with us, with the Immer reading system?
What will you be doing? Well, you’ll fill in the space between Lennart and Spencer, including things like:
- Developing prototypes into robust plugins that add value to our system, for example summarizing chapters with AI tools
- Building customer websites on top of our scalable system that processes and delivers digital books, for example to analyze reading behavior
- There is a lot to do and not enough time, even with you on board, so part of this job is also to determine together with us how we can create the most value for our customers
- Plus of course: fixing bugs, tweaking tweaks, making coffee…
The above is a snapshot. We are a startup, our world changes rapidly. We’re secretly assuming that you will be managing your own project team within a few years. As we grow, you grow with us.
What we offer you
We are a small, modern organization, not hindered by management layers. When you come work with us, you can count on a lot of freedom and responsibility. No one here will criticize you if you start a little later, and your tasks are your own responsibility. Other things you can expect:
- Gross monthly salary up to € 5000
- Initially an annual contract, then if we like your work a permanent agreement
- Up to 1% share in the company in the shape of virtual options
- Company MacBook Pro
- Budget for home office equipment, courses, conferences and of course books
- Work from our Utrecht-based office as often as you want, or from home (or a café, or an even more exotic location, whatever workd for you) – but we do meet up at the office once a week to coordinate
- Travel allowance
- Outings with your colleagues
What you offer us
You’re a skilled software developer who wants to work at a startup, who doesn’t mind that we are still discovering our ‘company culture’ (you might even like to put our own spin on it?). Who thrives on the freedom offered, isn’t afraid to dig into rabbit holes, but not afraid to ask for help either. Who is also creative, and thinks along about how digital affordances could surprise, delight and enrich readers.
- At least 5 years of experience
- You are (usually) in the Netherlands
- You speak fluent English
In addition, you tick at least 1 of the following 3 boxes:
▢ Experience with cloud services (particularly Google’s)
▢ Experience developing libraries used by third parties
▢ Experience with mobile development
Very soon the smartphone will be the world’s most-used reading device. Yet no one likes to read books from a screen. Immer changes this. At Immer we draw inspiration from new media forms and technologies, and translate something old and beautiful into our modern lives. To help the world read more!
Our team of 3 full-timers (in addition to lead engineer Spencer and CTO Lennart, also Immer instigator Niels) and 4 regular freelancers (designers and marketeers) builds a product for business customers who want to offer their readers a great reading experience.
Our solution is unique in the world, already won awards, international customers are lining up for it, and so our biggest challenge is to make our software scalable enough that we can serve everyone with it – with clear documentation, self-service websites and a powerful plugin system.
- We work in monthly cycles, in which we first decide on a general direction and then work together towards concrete results; afterwards we reflect during a one-week cooldown
- Slack and Notion are the heartbeat of our company
- We work as often and late (or early) as we want, which doesn’t mean we expect you to respond to our messages at midnight; as long as you complete your work and communicate about it clearly
- Our tech stack currently consists of Terraform, Google App Engine + Cloud Functions, Postgres, OpenAPI, TypeScript and React Native
Get in touch!
Are you the person we’re looking for? Send an email to email@example.com with CV and motivation, and the title of your favorite book in the subject line. Register before the end of the year, we plan to have our first conversations in January. Questions about this vacancy? Then we can also have a brief call: +31-6-34861926.